To help water and wastewater utilities take advantage of federal disaster and mitigation funding, U.S. EPA developed the web-based tool, Federal Funding for Utilities-Water/Wastewater-in National Disasters, more commonly known as Fed FUNDS. Used extensively after Hurricane Sandy and the Colorado floods, Fed FUNDS has been updated to reflect current availability of federal disaster funding. You can access:
- Which Funding is Right for You? - guides you to the most applicable funding programs
- Be Prepared to Tap into Funding - lists activities to prepare you to apply for funding
- Currently in a Disaster? - provides forms and photologs to document the damage
- Federal Disaster Funding Prorams - covers Federal program from FEMA, U.S. EPA, USDA, and others
- Utility Examples, Training, & Assistance - includes successful applications, training on funding, and funding mentors
In addition, U.S. EPA has added a series of short self-guided video trainings on each of the buttons in Fed FUNDS on its Grants and Funding page.