Eligibility and Dues
Membership Features | Eligibility and Dues
You work for one of the following types of organizations headquartered in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the Netherlands and you are based in one of those countries:
- Drinking water and wastewater utilities of any size.
- Local, state or federal government department/agency with the applicable responsibilities: management, security, emergency response, public health, environmental health.
- A consulting or engineering firm contracted by water sector utilities to support utility operations or management, or development and implementation of their critical infrastructure protection programs.
- Water and wastewater utility industry associations or mutual aid network, such as WEF or AWWA state affliates or WARNs.
WaterISAC Pro dues consist of a flat annual amount per organization, and organizations can sign up several employees as users. Please refer to the chart below to see your dues and the allowed number of users. Dues will be pro-rated from the conclusion of the free three-month trial of the longest-standing member through the end of the year.
Intelligence and law enforcement agencies that agree to an information sharing partnership with WaterISAC can receive courtesy memberships.
Water Suppliers, Wastewater Service Providers, Utility O&M Contractors
Based on number of people (not accounts) served across all plants, subsidiaries, retailers and client utilities.
|Total Population Served||Memberships Per Organization||Annual Dues|
|Only Drinking Water or Only Wastewater||Combined Service|
|Fewer than 20,000||5||$249||$499|
|20,000 to 49,999||10||$499||$999|
|50,000 to 99,999||15||$999||$1,999|
|100,000 to 499,999||20||$1,999||$2,999|
|500,000 to 999,999||25||$2,999||$4,999|
|1 million or more||30||$4,999||$6,999|
|Organization Types||Memberships Per Organization||Annual Dues|
|State or Local Government Agencies*||5||$499|
|Homeland Security Agencies**||any||N/A|
|Water/Wastewater Mutual Aid Networks||5||$499|
|Water or Wastewater Industry Associations||5||$499|
* Government-owned water or wastewater systems must join as water or wastewater service providers.
** State, regional and local fusion centers, homeland security offices or emergency management agencies that agree to an information-sharing partnership with WaterISAC.
|Annual Sales to the
|Memberships Per Organization||Annual Dues|
|Less than $1 million||2||$999|
|$1 million to $10 million||4||$1,999|
|$10 million to $50 million||6||$2,999|
|$50 million to $100 million||8||$3,999|
|More than $100 million||10||$4,999|
Anyone in the water sectors of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the Netherlands may join WaterISAC Basic. Fees for Basic memberships are waived.
PRO members get:
- A vast library of sensitive threat information, best practices, articles, exercise guides, vulnerability assessments and other resources on security and emergency management;
- Contaminant databases with information on health effects, treatment and lab methods;
- A bi-annual water sector threat analysis;
- Urgent physical and cyber threat alerts; and
- Free webcasts on current water security and emergency response topics.
BASIC members get a library of open-source information about security and emergency response and threat alerts.
Download a fact sheet describing the benefits of joining WaterISAC Pro and containing information about dues.
Trial membership are available only to individuals who are not already WaterISAC members, but please encourage your colleagues to sign up.
After confirming your identity, affiliation and need-to-know, we will send you a confirmation email with login information. Approval usually takes about a week. Contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need expedited approval.
Members may not, as a matter of routine, disseminate information from WaterISAC PRO.
Information from WaterISAC can be sensitive, and distribution can be detrimental to security and public safety across the water sector. Members may share sensitive WaterISAC information only in situations of imminent threats or within your organization with those who are approved by your organization to view sensitive security information.
State and federal government departments/agencies with jurisdiction over: