Black sky power outages - outages lasting a month or more and affecting multiple states - could turn a natural or manmade disaster into a catastrophe. The resources included below describe resilience measures that water and wastewater utilities might consider in order to maintain service during black sky outages.
- WaterISAC Black Sky Hazards & Water Sector Resilience: Recording, Slide Deck and CEU Materials
- Draft Black Sky Playbook for the Water Sector 3.0 (EIS Council)
- Electric Infrastructure Security Council
- E-Pro Handbook II, Volume II: Water Sector Resilience for Black Sky Events (EIS Council)
- E-Pro Handbook III: Black Sky Cross Sector Coordination and Communication (EIS Council)
- Roadmap to a Secure and Resilient Water and Wastewater Sector (Water Sector Coordinating Council)
- Power Resilience Guide (US EPA)